Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Girls Night "Boat Ride"

We haven't been out on the boat yet this year, and my girls night friends suggested that we go out.  So Layne agreed to come and help me put the boat it.  By agreed I mean he came because he knew I couldn't do it without him.  It was really the last thing he wanted to do, but since he likes to keep me happy he came along.


It turns out Marcy and Lisa couldn't come, and so it was just me, Shaunie and Shannon.  Karlee and Layne also joined us for a little picnic up at Blacktail.


Layne backed the boat in and Karlee and I docked it and were ready to drive it over to the beach before the picnic.  The key would not even turn.  I have had a lot of frustrations with boats in my life.  It makes me wonder why I continue to bother.  Layne came down and tried everything he could think of too.  It was a beautiful night and the lake was nearly empty.  It would have been perfect.  But evidently there was a reason we weren't supposed to be there.  So we pulled it back out without being able to go for a ride.  What a bummer.


We took some fun pictures sitting in the boat just so we could pretend we had some boating fun and so Shannon would have something to use for the picture calendar that she gives us every year. 


We did see this beautiful sun set on our way home.  I appreciate Layne for supporting me even though boating is not his idea of fun.  It turns out the key was in upside down.  But I swear we tried it both ways.  I just choose to believe that we weren't meant to be out on the lake that night.  Then I don't have to feel stupid or bad about the whole situation...


A couple of weeks before this my nephew, Heath, borrowed the boat for his wife's family reunion.  While they were sitting at the dock the windshield shattered.  Freaky...I felt bad that it happened on his watch.  That is always a nightmare when you borrow something.  But thankfully our insurance covered it and all is well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment