I have to admit that I have lost my camera more than a few times, and Layne has always been the one to find it or stop me from leaving it behind somewhere. So I can't deny it gave me a little bit of satisfaction when he used it to take a picture of the brakes he was replacing so he could put it back the way he found it, and it mysteriously disappeared. I think he set it on the hood of the car and then took the car for a drive to test the brakes and it made its finally escape from our possession.
I couldn't feel too bad about it though. I had it taped together and the lens cap latch was broken. I can't remember how long I have had it, but it was an 8 mega pixel and when I got it that was the best you could get. So I cashed in some credit card points and got a new 16 mega pixel camera
So since Layne lost the old camera, he got to take the first pictures with the new camera. And I got to be the "lucky" model...
It's a good thing we got the new camera in time for Layne to take it on one of his hunting trips. Layne took Tom Kline who is in our ward and has worked with Layne at Basic American. He moved here from Pennsylvania two years ago and this is the first time he has gone hunting in Idaho for a white tail. He was pretty pleased!
Layne and the boys love to drive out in the desert for hours on end while hunting. I can't say I understand it, but I am glad they enjoy it and I am glad I can stay home while the do it.
Ok, so this is a one day jump back into October. Our community does "Trunk or Treat." Everyone parks at the church parking lot and the kids make the rounds. I am not a big fan of this because it just becomes like more of a cattle call. And the kids just keep circling the parking lot two or three or four times until all of the candy is gone. The kids don't even really say "Trick or treat" they just hold out their bags as they walk by. On the plus side you are all done in 45 minutes and not getting up and down to answer the door all night long.
I told Karlee that since she turns 12 in January that this would be her last year trick or treating. So maybe next year I will let her go do the trunk or treat hand outs.
On November 3rd we had our annual Romrell Thanksgiving. We had a record breaking number of 121 people in attendance. My dad didn't feel up to giving his usual talk, but he did get up and tell everyone how much he loved them and that he prayers for them daily.
We took the nontraditional route again as far as the food goes. This year we ordered barbecue pork and barbecue chicken from BYU-Idaho. As a matter of record keeping for my early on set dementia we ordered enough of each to serve sixty. And we still had left overs. The nephews brought salads and the nieces brought desserts. We had 105 baked potatoes and still had 45 left over since lots of people cut theirs in half. But it is always better to have too much than not enough. That comes from the Joy Romrell school of party hosting!
I should have gotten a picture of the whole group, but I was too busy taking pictures of dozens of great-grandchildren. I have a mild case of OCD over having updated pictures of all of my parents posterity that I display in their living room. I have to take advantage of it whenever I have a captive audience.
Over all it was a great dinner. We had one person from each family give a quick update where I always learn something new, even though I am the one that is supposed to be "in the loop." And as usual I never get to talk to everyone but I think it does give us a chance to rub shoulders with the great people that we are related to!
No comments:
Post a Comment