Sunday, December 2, 2012

Layne's 44th Birthday

"Another year older and deeper in debt..."  It sometimes feels that way, but I think Layne is hopefully just another year older and deeper in love with his family.  


Normally Layne has his own gift picked out and he "must have it" a month before his actual birthday for hunting or camping.  So this year when he waited until the day before to go buy his own gift I was quite surprised!


He also got  the standard boring, but essential gift of new clothes.


You can see the look of utter joy on  his face here!


This was the "Happy Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthday gift that Zak started back in May.  He started sanding it and then he fell in love...end of story.  So we have been eating on a folding table for the past six months.  I got sick of it and finally decided to finish the job myself.  It took a lot more stripping and sanding and staining, but I finally got it done.  It turned out quite nicely if I do say so myself.

Here is the spotting scope that Layne bought for himself.  It is a Nikon 65 mm 16-48X65.  That doesn't mean anything to me.  But it is AWESOME!  And he can spot the game for 3000 miles!  or three miles, something like that.  

I love this man and am so happy to be his wife.  He makes me feel like he is the luckiest man in the world every day to have me as his wife, but really I am the the lucky one!

No comments:

Post a Comment