Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Mowing in November?

We have had such a mild winter so far that the grass has stayed green and continued to grow.  This has frustrated my Dad because he read an article from a horticulturist that suggested having the lawn cut short going into winter.


So on November 23rd he suited up in his coveralls, down coat, stocking cap and felt hat and headed out on his lawnmower.   I joke that the can on his lap is to beat of anyone who offers to mow his lawn for him.  It is one of the last things he can still do and he loves it!





He only ended up mowing the part right in front of this house.  He said he would compare it to the rest of the lawn in the spring and see if there is a difference.  


My dad gets many compliments on his yard and he has enjoyed taking care of it in his retirement.  And he especially loves his Toro zero turning radius lawn mower.  We call it his "pony."  He will use it to go get the mail or to just survey the rest of the yard and what needs to be done.  Then I get to "make it happen."    I have enjoyed working with my dad in his yard and I have found that I enjoy taking care of my yard and get many compliments on it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment