Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Cookie Queen

The past few weeks have been a marathon of cookie making for me.  It started for the pot luck for Pioneer days.  Layne asked me how many cookies I have made in my life time.  I wish I had kept a count, but it is easily thousands.  When I was in the singles ward I would make a double batch for every dance.  And I have been making them for family parties ever since.  



I figured that in the past two weeks alone I have made around 500 cookies.  Each double batch is 100 cookies.  I made a  double batch for Pioneer day, a  double batch for Gabriella's baptism, two double batches for the Romrell reunion, and a double batch for Clayton's farewell. 


So with that last batch I told Tanner is was my last so he better take a picture.  Of course I know that is not true.  But I do think I will take a break for a while.  I also decided this would be a good time to put my recipe down for future generations who may someday read our family history and then they can carry on the tradition.


Valeen’s Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 C       Margarine
1 C       Butter
1 C     Sugar
2 C       Brown Sugar
4          Eggs
1 T       Vanilla
6-7C  Flour
2 tsp  Salt
2 tsp  Soda
1 bag  Milk Chocolate Chips

Cream together softened butter & margarine with sugar and brown sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Stir in flour with salt & soda.  Keep adding flour until the dough isn’t too sticky.  Mix in chocolate chips.  Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes depending on your oven.  Cook until golden brown but still a little soft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment