8/10/12
It will be easy for Zak and Shay to remember their anniversary with a date like that. This was a great day to remember for our family. We are very proud of them and the lives they have led that prepared them to be sealed as a family in the Idaho Falls Temple.
We were actually early to the temple, so we waited outside before we went in. Of course Zak gave me his classic "why are you taking my picture" look.
Signed, "sealed" delivered, he's yours!
Zak designed these Nike shoes with their wedding colors. I will post a close up when we get the pictures from the wedding photographer.
These kids are pretty private. The first time we saw them kiss in person was over the alter.
Here is the second public display of affection.
Zak and Shay's brother Ryker
Little sister isn't so little anymore. But she will miss her big brother being around.
Shay and her brother Ridge
Shay's little sister Skye
My "other" mother-in-law, Jeannette, found the perfect suit and let me be her twin. But I feel like a giant next to her :) Thanks to Jana for shipping it from Texas for me since our Penny's didn't have it in stock!
The reception was from 6:30 to 8:30. This couple was ready to be done. They didn't cut the cake or throw the bouquet. They were just out of there!
Happily ever after...walking off in the sunset
The honeymoon vehicle got its fair share of silly string.
The only bad part of the day was when Ridge was going home to get more stuff to decorate with he pulled out in front of a Tahoe going 60 mph. It hit just behind the cab of his truck and threw the other side into a telephone pole. Miraculously he and his twin cousins were unharmed other than a few cuts and scrapes. And the other driver was fine too. What a relief! That could have really put a damper on an other wise great day!
Valeen!!! I am so glad that I actually looked at my blog and noticed your comment!!! Noone ever comments so I don't look!!!
ReplyDeleteOne of these days I am going to get better at posting again!
I love your blog!
I am so sad that we weren't able to make it up for the wedding! They look so beautiful! Time is marching along!
I am also so going to steal that cookie recipe! They are the best ever!!!