Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Face Ain't No Star

My dad sure has had a lot of trouble with his eyes. Recently his "good eye" has been giving him trouble. It has been really dry and sore. We were in for a regular check up and the doctor told him that his lower lid was turning out and so you can see the red lining all the time. So they told him they could put a few stitches in to tighten it up. It turned out to be a little more of an ordeal than that. Dad said if he had any idea what he was getting in for he would still be running.




For the first few days after the surgery he had to ice it for twenty minutes out of every hour.
Dad likes to tell everyone that this is how I keep him in line. This poor guy sure has had a lot of bruises lately. But no, I haven't succumbed to beating him...yet.


When Dad saw his face it reminded him of the poem his sister, Fern, taught him when he was a little boy. I grew up hearing him recite it and it is one of my favorites.


I know just how ugly I are
I know that my face ain't no star
But you see I don't mind it
Because I'm behind it,
It's you folks out front gets the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment