
I'm in charge of the Relief Society activities in our ward. This one went very well. We had several ladies give some fun Valentine ideas. I made these dipped strawberry bouquets and showed these heart shaped pans and tart tins that I grew up with. I have a lot of fun memories of making candies and goodies with my mom growing up. The ladies all loved the strawberries and I ended up making another bouquet on Valentines Day for my family.
We had a good Valentines weekend at our house this year. Layne took Karlee shopping on Saturday and came home with these beautiful flowers. This time of year it is nice to have some hope of spring in the house. I love tulips and daffodiles because the remind me of spring. They also got me a cute little heart cake that I shared with everyone. It gave us each about two bites which was just right since it was pretty rich.
Then that night Layne and I went out to dinner. We went to the Silver Horse Shoe in St. Anthony. It is actually best know as the local bar. But the front is a restaurant that is completely separate from the bar. The food was actually really good. I splurged on a fattening appetizer platter of french fries, steak fingers, mushrooms, mozzarella sticks, and chicken wings. They were so good! I thought I would really pay for it the next day, but only gained 1/2 lb. So it was totally worth it!
Then we came back home and picked up Karlee and Verla and we went back to St. Anthony to watch the Green Hornet at the newly re-opened Roxy movie theater. It still needs some improvements to the movie screen etc., but for $5.00 it was totally worth it.
On Sunday night I told the kids I wanted them to plan on being here for dinner on Monday so we could celebrate Valentines Day together. Then Layne brought out a bag. I told him that Valentines was tomorrow and he should wait. He refused because he wanted me to show my gifts off the next day.

He got me this beautiful diamond chip silver heart ring and this CTR mood ring. Not that my kids need a ring to know my mood. I hesitated even posting this picture. My hands look so old! Yikes, how did this happen? Layne also got me a book on CD that I can listen to on my way home from work each day.

I made Layne wait until Monday to get his Valentines gift. He got these walkie-talkies that cover a 32 mile range, so he can use them for hunting or biking. He also got a bottle of Polo cologne.

The kids got a really exciting Valentines gift...batteries. I have a huge pet peeve about them. The kids use them in their X-box controllers and when they are worn out they just throw them on the floor. I told them years ago that if I saw one more on the floor I wouldn't buy them anymore. And sure enough they still ended up on the floor. So now the only way I can justify buying them is if they are a gift. They got a 16 pack two years ago for Christmas. I even put a garbage can upstairs so they wouldn't have to over exert themselves to throw them away. But I still find batteries laying on the floor, literally inches from the garbage can. What do they say about kids making you crazy! So here is written proof that my kids can show their kids someday when I am spoiling them. "See, Grandma was crazy. She wouldn't even buy us batteries unless it was a special occasion."
Oh, I also got each of the kids a huge Reese's peanut butter heart. But those were gone before I could get a picture taken. So I'm not a totally crazy mean mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment