Sunday, February 20, 2011

Busy Weekend

Welcome home Elder Jacob Terry! Val and Nora's son returned from Colorado on Friday. He arrived fifteen minutes early so I was bummed that I missed the initial welcome home. But he looks great and we are so glad he served a great mission and returned with honor.


Friday night Layne's sister-in-law, Tera, married Brendan Grayson. The funny thing is that Brendan is my cousin. His grandpa is my first cousin, Doyle Judy. So it was fun to go and see family that I haven't seen for years.
The wedding was really nice. Tera had her two dads, Frank and Terry walk her down the aisle. It was neat to see Brendan and Tera tearing up as she walked down the aisle. Brendan's uncle Jason Dahl performed the ceremony and did a great job. He is the brother of my good friend Shannon Dahl. It really is a small, small world.

Brendan's brothers did a good job of sending them off in style. They wrapped the car in saran wrap and put sticky stuff under the door handle.

We helped serve fudge and ice cream covered brownies for the reception. Zak and Tanner were a big help, even though they like to act put out about it. They always come through in the end.
Saturday I took some of the left over brownies to the ladies that I visit teach. So that was nice to be able to check of my list. Then I got motivated to rearrange our bedroom. Layne got called in to work and Zak was playing basketball. Tanner was working in the shop. So I just started moving things. This wasn't the best idea since when I was trying to move the heavy TV stand the TV took a nose dive right onto the floor and pulled the power cord out of the back of the TV. Layne took it apart and tried to re-attach it but couldn't find where the wires went. So we decided to was time to retire the antique beast and might have to splurge and get a flat screen we can mount on the wall. Between Layne's side work and my plasma money we are trying to justify doing it. It has really made our room feel so much bigger to have the TV stand out of our room. And I know it is against the rules to have a TV in the bedroom. But I don't care! So there!



1 comment:

  1. Oh man Valeen! At least it wasn't a new TV! We have a TV in our room too.... we're so rebelious!

    ReplyDelete