Saturday, February 12, 2011

Retiring from church ball





Layne and Zak have been playing church ball and really enjoyed doing it together. A couple of weeks ago as I was coming home from a Relief Society meeting they were getting out of the truck and Layne was leaning on Zak. I knew this would happen eventually. Layne went up for a rebound and came down on another guy's foot and rolled his ankle pretty badly.

His ankle was swollen to the size of a baseball. We decided to be safe that he better get and x-ray. Luckily the doctor said there wasn't a fracture but that it would probably take three weeks for it to heal. The next morning he was determined to go to work. He got up to get ready and after a few minutes I went into the bathroom to check on him. He was sitting on the edge of the tub and he was pale as a ghost. Before I knew it he was slumping over and I had to slide him to the floor as I watched his eyes roll back in his head. Not fun, but it did give me a good reason to slap him. Needless to say he stayed home from work that day.

But he had already scheduled two side jobs for the next two days that he refused to change. So luckily his brother, Daren, was off work and able to go help him. He was a real life saver. Being on his foot for two long days of work definitely didn't help the swelling. And true to what the doctor said it is taking the full three weeks to heal. He is still limping a little but it seems to be improving slowly but surely.

Needless to say Layne is officially retired from church ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment