Sunday, September 12, 2010

Elder Terry

The men who stood in on Zak's ordination

Kade, Daren, Val, Layne, Zak, Mikal, Laren, Rich, Elmer



The Thinker. I had to get a picture of his chin strap beard. I love it but Layne wants him to shave it. So far I have won.


Sunday, September 12th Zak was ordained and elder by Layne. We did it at our house and had a family dinner afterwards. Layne gave a very special blessing and we are lucky because his sister-in-law, Vonell, writes the blessing down as it is being given. So we have a copy for him to keep.

After visiting and playing games for a few hours we dropped Zak off at his boss's house. He will be driving back east and spending the next two weeks cleaning carpets at businesses in places like Nashville, St. Louise, and North and South Carolina. This will be a good opportunity for him to see the United States. Although it sure will be a lot of driving. He started to go two weeks ago and got as far as Nebraska when the corporate headquarters told them they didn't want them there over Labor Day. So they had to turn around and come back. Zak has decided that the Wyoming is the longest most boring drive of his life. We'll see how he survives the rest of the trip. I hope it will be a good experience for him.

1 comment:

  1. What a good experience for him! Zak is all grown up!

    ReplyDelete