Thursday, September 23, 2010

Missing Mom's Home Cooking

Layne talked to Zak yesterday. He is in St. Louis and says it is the coolest place he has ever seen. He has also been to Nashville, Mobile, AL., Atlanta, Raleigh, NC., and will stop in Kansas on his way home. He said it is very hot and humid and doesn't know how he would handle it if he gets sent on a mission there. He claims he has taken some pictures so hopefully I can add them when he gets back next week.

He also said that he is sick of eating out and can't wait to come home to Mom's home cooking. This does warm my heart, but I hope he won't feel too bad when he hears I have given it up. It is all YOYO (you're on your own) all the time at our house lately. I have just gotten into a funk with cooking. I don't mind doing it I just hate planning it and having everything on hand. I wish someone would just come in and look in my cupboards and freezer and make me a month of menus. Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. Try living down south full time buckaroo. haha. The winters are awesome, but I admit working outside, even just mowing the lawn can drop you to your knees. Jana and I wish he was closer to Houston we can take Zak to some great BBQ. I guess we will make until the whole crew makes the trip down to go to Sea World in San Antonio (and see the Alamo)

    ReplyDelete