Mom always gets the first hug
I just returned from the airport where Taylor Romrell just returned from the Los Angeles, California Spanish Speaking mission. I love seeing elders return home. He broke all the rules and came off the plane first instead of last. I wasn't even looking for him because I know that is what most missionaries do. All of a sudden I heard Amy scream and there he was. She couldn't stop saying, "You look so great!" Everyone had some tears. Cami's two boys were both born since he has been gone. They were wearing, "Welcome home Taylor" t-shirts. Ethan had a sign that said, "Ethan Elmore, and you?" Taylor won him over right away by giving him a mint from his pocket. It didn't take Ethan long to make the sign language sign for "more, please."
I think Derek has changed the most since Taylor has been gone. He is nearly as tall as Taylor and had to show of his biceps and six pack. Taylor told him he would have to help him get back in shape.
A cool thing happened when Taylor was waiting to board the plane in Los Angeles. The Romrell's good friends, Ali and Christina Christensen where getting off the plane because they are headed to Hollywood for the finals of "America's Got Talent" So they got to see him before anyone else.
After all the hugs Taylor amazed me when he said, "I just want all of you to know that my time in Los Angeles was amazing and it was where I was supposed to be. You have all been an amazing support system and I am lucky to have the best family in the world. After interacting with so many different people in the last two years it just reaffirms to me that you are all extraordinary people and I want you to know that." What a great young man. He is going to do some amazing things in his life
I wish my mom would have reminded me about that. It's always fun to have a big crowd to represent the family. What a great kid. It will be nice to have him beck.
ReplyDelete