Sunday, July 18, 2010

Zak's 18th Birthday

Zak & Russ getting ready to rumble!

Zak & friends chillin' on the boat

Layne & Ryan's double cannonball

Karlee's cannonball

Tanner's furious swim to the boat

Zak & Ashely, first up on the tube

Tanner is loving life after riding the jet ski

The "sweet" life of Zak Terry

Ashely & Zak

Mitch giving Tanner tips on his first try at water skiing.
He didn't have any luck getting up, but at least he tried.

Zak with his new gear bag

Zak's Senior Poster

Today is Zak's 18th birthday! We had quite a full weekend of celebrating his birthday. On Saturday we took the boat out on the lake with about 15 of his friends. His friend, Mitch Potter, had his birthday the day before. So his family brought their boat and jet skis and between the two boats and jet skis everybody had lots of fun. We had a great time on the tube and splashing and diving off the dock. We all got sunburned even though we kept putting on the sun screen. The only downside was the constant wind. But that did take the edge off the heat and was probably why we got so sunburned since we didn't really feel the heat. On the way back into the dock the wind was really bad.

Tanner and Russ took the final ride in on the tube and got beat to death by all the waves. They finally fell off and by the time Tanner made it to the boat we were floating into the rocks so Layne had to pull away from Tanner, who thought Layne was just doing it as a joke. So that made him pretty mad and frustrated after he had swam against the wind without making any progress for so long.

Once we got the boat loaded, Zak and his friends headed off to the next party, playing volleyball at Mitch's house. Luckily we had lots of food leftover from the picnic lunch I had packed and they ate that again for dinner. When Zak got home at midnight I got out of bed to put what food was left in the fridge. He thanked me for the fun day, gave me a hug, but not too tight since we were both sunburned, and told me "I love you, Mom." That made the stress of planning it all worth it.

On Sunday we had all the Wildings that are local, and Grandpa & Grandma Terry come for dinner. It's always fun to get everyone together. Zak got some new shorts, shirts and a gear bag for his dirt biking gear. We also replaced the pipe on his bike a month ago that I told him had to count towards his birthday. I also made a 18X24 poster of his senior pictures that I am going to hang in our living room to start our graduation wall.

Today he got to stay home from work so he could go to BYU-I and find out about registration. Then he went golfing this afternoon with Tanner and some friends. Zak, Tanner & I went to dinner tonight since Layne was at work and Karlee was having a sleep over. So his actual birthday was a little anti-climatic but I would say a pretty eventful weekend overall.

Zak exercised his new found adulthood by buying a lottery ticket. I hope he wins because he and all his friends have decided that when they get back from their missions they are going to buy a boat and jet skis and dirt bikes and trucks and be swinging bachelors forever. I'm just documenting this now so we can all look back on this posting and laugh.

In all seriousness though we are very proud of Zak and are proud of the man he is becoming. I hope that his life ahead will be everything he hopes for and that he will be happy and successful in everything he does.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Zak got spoiled! Good for him!

    ReplyDelete