Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Karlee's Burn Turn


Can we say, "Drama Queen?" Someone knows how to ham it up for the camera



Last week Karlee got to take a one day 4-H cake decorating class. She got to bake a cake and decorate it and then they decorated a dummy cake that will be shown at the fair. Grandma Terry took her to the class and the teacher told her that this class was the most creative group of girls she has ever taught in the six years she has been teaching. Karlee is very artistic and loved every bit of it. She told me it was the funnest day of her life.

One of the favorite things she learned was to make roses out of Starburst candy. She just warms it up a little in the microwave and then rolls it up and turns down the tips to look like rose petals. She was really excited to show her cousin Savanna how to do it when she came for a sleep over on Friday. But she got distracted and put it in for one minute instead of ten seconds. Then she just reached in to pull it out and burned her finger tips really badly. I was outside and heard her screaming. I went in and she had them under the faucet. She was pretty miserable the rest of the night and had to sleep with her hand in a bag of ice. It probably wasn't a very fun sleep over for Savanna. Luckily her fingers felt better the next day and she was able to spend it with Savanna and the other Sargent cousins having fun.

We went to the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life with the Sargent family that night. The kids were running and dancing and playing all over the football field and in the stands. I was ready to go and Karlee said, "Can't we please stay a little longer? I love playing with my cousins and I don't get to see them very often." So how could I say no to that. I'm glad she has fun with them and they are so good to her.

On Sunday night Zak decided it was time to drain the fluid out of the blister so Karlee let him do surgery. Then she left for Green Canyon for a week of swim camp. I sure hope they don't get infected up there. I told her worse case scenario we will just cut them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment