Zak graduated on May 27th. It was a neat night. They had 99 graduates. The graduates were all threatened with their diplomas to not do anything inappropriate. So they kept it pretty safe and as they passed the principal they patted his back and put a Sponge Bob band-aid on his back. They all really like Mr. Bennett and he was a pretty good sport about it.
Zak had a lot of good support from family. We sure appreciate everyone who came and let him know how proud they were of him. I got more smiles and pictures out of Zak than I ever have before.
That night after graduation they had a lock-in at the Rex. They got to watch Iron Man and Robin Hood. They bowled and had tons of food. The next morning Zak and his friend Reg, cam back to the house and slept for about an hour. Then they met a group of people at Nikell's house for breakfast. I don't know how these kids function. But they sure made the most of every minute of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment