
Yesterday, May 11th, Layne and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. We have actually had an extended celebration. On Saturday we went to dinner at Sizzler. Then we spent the evening at Ruth and Kent's celebrating Garth and Van's birthdays. I love spending this time with my family. The only problem is I need to be three people so I can get in on all the different conversations.
We thought the dinner was going to be it, but last night at the last minute Layne decided he wanted to go so Iron Man. So since Karlee was the only one home she ended up going with us. Tanner was of course ticked off that he didn't get to go. But he was playing basketball with friends and we were in a hurry to get to the movie. So I will have to make it up to him later.
We kept the gift giving to a minimum. Layne of course got me the jewelry a month ago. I got him a rack that he can mount to the flatbed trailer so he can lock he bike tire down. If it works I'm sure the boys will want one for their bikes too.
As an extra anniversary bonus, Layne found out that he is finally getting his "specialist" wage increase at work. So this will be a $2/hour raise. We have decided to have an automatic withdrawal of the pay difference put into a savings account so we can have something to help pay for Zak's mission. It is so easy to say you will save it, but there is always somewhere for the money to go. So we figured if it comes out of the check first it will be a lot easier.
We got these pictures taken back in February but I didn't want to post them yet because I was giving them for Mother's day gifts. Now my hair is cut and Layne is growing back his mustache. Oh well, it will be a reminder to me not to grow my hair again. And will let Layne decide which he likes better, with the mustache or without.
Layne and I both feel lucky to have found each other and that we enjoy being with each other so much. It seems like more than three years in a good way, and yet it feels like it has gone by in a flash.
No comments:
Post a Comment