Monday, May 10, 2010

Bo knows





Well we can finally announce a new member of our family. On Friday Tanner brought home this one year old, black lab named, Bo. He belonged to the high school principal but he didn't have enough time to give him the attention he needed. He has been neutered and house trained and he was free. So I can't complain too much. He has a shock collar that has an electronic box that we put in the center of the house. So he stays within a certain distance all the way around the house. This should keep him off the road and still allow him to have the run of the yard. We will probably have to buy the shock collar system, but that will be far better than paying for a fence or a kennel.
He is definitely still a puppy and likes to play and wrestle. Last night we let him in the house for a few minutes. He was wrestling with Tanner on the floor and before we knew it he was humping Tanner's head. I guess even neutered dogs, still have some instincts. Tanner didn't realize what was going on at first, but has soon as he did he flew out of the room screaming. I have never ,in the nearly four years I've known Layne, seen him laugh so hard. I'm just mad I had already put the camera away. It would have been worth $10,000 for sure!

On the not so fun side, at 2:00 in the morning he was barking non-stop and then scratching at the door of the patio, which is right outside our bedroom. I am definitely going to have to invest in some earplugs. And I just got a call from Karlee reporting that Bo chewed up the very nice reclining lawn chair that Layne got for Father's Day a couple of years ago. Grrrrr!!

No comments:

Post a Comment