Sunday, April 25, 2010

I must be a little crazy


I hesitate to even post this, but since this is part of my history, I figured what the heck. My grandchildren can read it someday and say, "What was she thinking?"

I have been on a Mormon Mother Pity Party for awhile because it seems like the things I want or even sometimes need never quite make it to the top of the list. And I have no one to blame but myself since I make the list. So I decided to start giving plasma. Although I guess it isn't really giving when they pay you for it. I figured I could use that money on myself with out any guilt.

I have been doing it for almost a month now and of the 6 times I have done it have only had about two that were without incident. The first time, after only about 10 minutes I had a blood clot come through. Although they told me it was no big deal, they wouldn't let me continue and several people had to come look at it because they had never seen one that big before. But I still got paid, so whatever. Another time I must have moved my arm wrong because the needle nicked the vein and I got a hematoma, which is just blood pooling under the skin. But I got a beauty of a bruise from it. So they had to switch arms. The last time they had a hard time getting the blood to flow. I had three different people trying to make it work. So I was pumping my hand like crazy. Then I got a bubble in the tubing and they fixed that. Then I looked down and I had blood leaking out of the needle all over my arm. So the whole process took twice as long as usual and my arm was numb and my bicep was extremely sore from having the pressure cuff on it for so long.

So you may ask yourself, "Why does she keep going back?" Good question. I must be a little crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment