I forgot to mention a few things about Easter in my entry about our trip to Arizona. So since this counts as my journal I want to mention a few things.
On the day of the Easter Egg Hunt Layne was walking around the clubhouse while Karlee and I were at the egg hunt. After it was over I found him in front of the jewelry shop. Layne's dad polishes rocks and makes jewelry and so he is always drawn to these things. He pointed out two beautiful necklace & earring sets. I immediately shook my head "no." He made me guess how much they were. I guess $300? no, $500? no. They were only $80 for both sets. Jewelry isn't something that is at the top on my list of wants. But Layne loves it and really wanted me to have it. And I decided I should let him get me something nice once in a while. So I said, it was up to him. So he got me both sets and I decided that could count as an Easter present and for our upcoming anniversary. When we came home and showed them to his dad he told us we got them for a steal. So that made me feel even better, coming from an expert.
On Easter morning everyone got a small bag of candy and new shorts and a shirt. The boys got a small tool set they can carry when they are biking. Karlee got some sidewalk chalk and glow in the dark markers.
But the best present was waiting at home since the Easter Bunny didn't want to pack it to Arizona. Last fall our old trampoline gave up the ghost when the small hole in it tore into a giant hole. So we had a new trampoline waiting here. I thought Karlee we be the most excited about it. But the boys were jazzed about it too and had it put together the next day. When Karlee came home and saw it all set up she ran straight out and started jumping. It is definitely the gathering place of the neighborhood. I even got on it last week. I can't remember the last time I got on a trampoline. Layne told me he had never heard me squeal and act like a little girl like that before. Unfortunately the big girl in me ended up wetting her pants. And I haven't even had a baby. I'm a mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment