




Karlee really got spoiled for her birthday this year. It was a three day extravaganza. On Friday the 29th, her actual birthday, she took cookies to school for her class. Then that night she went to dinner at Fong's Chinese with Grandma and Grandpa Terry and me. Then Grandma Terry went with us to see the movie "The Tooth Fairy." She got a cute new outfit from G&G Terry.
The next day she had twelve friends over for pizza and to watch the movie "G-Force" on the big screen. She got all kinds of fun things from her friends. The funny thing was that her cousin Conley was the only boy in attendance.
Then on Sunday she and the boys went to see Brandi and she got lots of neat art pads, colored pencils and paints from her mom. Then we all met at Frank and Jeannette's for dinner. We gave her a bunch of new clothes, since she was starting to look like and orphan at school. G&G Wilding gave her a cool craft kit to make jewelry and all kinds of fun stuff.
The best gift of all was saved for last. I snuck outside and brought in a dog kennel. It was the only thing she asked for. She wants a dog so badly. Her eyes got big and I set it down in front of her. Inside was an adorable black and brown...stuffed dog. What a mean mom. Tanner was downstairs playing on the Wii at the time. I told Karlee to go and tell him she got a dog for her birthday. She really put on the drama queen. She ran downstairs screaming, "Tanner, Tanner, I got a dog for my birthday." He came running upstairs and knelt down to look in the kennel only to let out a huge groan. We all got quite a chuckle out of that one.
Karlee was so cute, all weekend, saying to herself, "I love my birthday, I love my birthday." I hope we can live up to these expectations next year. Oh, to be a kid again and look forward to your birthday every year.
No comments:
Post a Comment