Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Superbowl Sunday








Zak had about ten friends over to watch the Superbowl and once again my inability to have any moderation control resulted in way too much food. I spent about three hours the night before preparing food and then another three hours before the game started. Luckily Tanner and Layne pitched in or I never would have finished. Needless to say, by the time the game started I was wiped out. And the living room was full of kids, so Layne and I went into the bedroom to watch the game. Within a few minutes we were both asleep. We only missed one quarter. But I told him we were definitely getting old.

Everyone enjoyed the food, but since there was so much of it there was a lot left over. Needless to say we had left overs for the next week. So all the hours of preparation paid off by me not having to prepare meals for a week.

I have to give Zak credit for cleaning the entire house on Saturday while Layne and I were in Idaho Falls for Easton's baptism. He did a great job and I told him that he really messed up because now I know he can do it. I even took a picture of his clean room. It is a rare treat to be able to see the carpet.

I guess for history sake I should note that the New Orleans Saints beat the Indiana Colts. It was a big deal for New Orleans because they are still recovering from the hurricane five years ago. So it was a big morale booster for the city. This was the first Superbowl win for their team.

No comments:

Post a Comment