Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sad day at the Terry house

Well, the inevitable day has finally come. As I was going out to bring in the trash can from the road I saw our wiener dog, Jill had been hit in the middle of the road. We have had a dozen people tell us that they have almost hit her. So I guess she got more than nine lives. Luckily Zak was home so I made him go pick her up. I had to tell Karlee what happened. It took a minute for it to register but then she sobbed for about ten minutes. She spent the most time with Jill and loved cuddling with her on the couch. Most of the time Jill would growl at her every time she shifted but Karlee loved her anyway.

I'm not sure if our other dog Jack has figured out what has happened yet. They were so cute together. She would lay on top of him while they slept. They took good care of each other. Even though I haven't been that attached to these dogs I feel bad that my kids will miss them. I'm sure when Tanner gets home from hunting he will be very upset. That is the problem with living on a busy street. It is not a matter of if they get hit, but when.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. That is rough. Hope today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I didn't hear about this. That's too bad. I remember when Tera's dog Peanut was hit and killed. Frank told her that we now had Peanut Butter! Sounds like him, huh? Give Karlee a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete