Layne and Tanner had the opportunity to go hunting at a ranch up in Green Canyon that had brought in some exotic animals. At first it was just going to be Layne shooting a Texas Doll Sheep. We justified it that this would be his birthday present. Tanner was just going along for the ride until he saw this black horned goat, (I'm sure it has a fancier name than that) and just had to shoot it. So he cleaned out his savings account, but now both boys will have a mount with the help of our neighbor, Ty Klingler. He is a taxidermist and he took them on the hunt.
Before they went to Green Canyon they went out behind the sand dunes and Tanner shot a white tail doe after only 45 minutes. So it was a big day of hunting and within a couple of days Layne had them butchered, cut, wrapped and in the freezer.
This week Layne and Tanner have gone to Salmon with Daren, Clayton and Kade. They will be hunting for elk, wolf, bear and mountain lion. So I'll report on that when they get back.
Zak hasn't been able to go hunting with Layne and Tanner because of football. His team has made it to the playoffs and will be playing Snake River at Holt Arena on Thursday. They are pretty excited since it is the first time in the school's history that they have played in the Holt Arena. But Zak was able to go hunting with his friends Brit and Reg. He really wanted to get a buck, but after three days with no luck they came upon a doe and he took his chance and got it with the first shot. I didn't get a picture of his because he had it strung up and gutted before I got home. I guess I could take a picture of the carcass hanging in the shop. But that really isn't a very pleasant picture.
So far this has been the best hunting season they have had since I have known them. We will see what trophies the mighty Salmon hunters come home with
No comments:
Post a Comment