Thursday, October 3, 2013

Labor Day Camping Trip

We had another successful Labor Day camping trip.  In fact I would have to say that weather wise, it was one of the best EVER!  It was warm the entire time, until the day we were leaving, it started to rain as we were packing up.  We couldn't have asked for better weather!


On the way out to our campsite at Sawmill, we stopped in Terreton to get something to eat.  These signs were hanging up in the convenience store.  I got kind of a kick out of them.  So I couldn't resist taking a picture.



Zak's friends, Russ and Ryan came out on Saturday morning and joined the boys for their big ride.  

The boys live for their rides, and love the challenges of all the switch backs and hill climbs.  I am just always glad when they make it back safe.  Layne recorded some of it on his helmet camera.  I watched some of it later and have to wonder why they think that is fun. But they love the challenge of it and they get to see some beautiful country at the same time.



While the boys were on their bike ride, Leisa and I took a walk up the hill on the dirt road.  We walked up about two miles.  It was a steady incline.  But the view was worth it once we made it to the top.

Grandma Terry joined us and even agreed to let McKenzie take her for a ride on the four wheeler.  Karlee and Mackay did a little photo bombing here.



One night while we were sitting around the camp fire Vonell got out some glow sticks.  We had some fun playing with them.  Then the kids started breaking them open and putting them all over themselves.  Layne was helping Karlee dot one all over her face.


Unfortunately, the flash of the camera took away the glow in the dark effects.  But it was pretty cool!



After much prodding, Shay agreed to take Mackay's bike for a spin around the camp.  


Then it was Karlee's turn for some instruction.  The last time she tried it she drove into the trailer.  So she was a little hesitant.  This time she did really well and now thinks she is ready for her own bike...great...





Daren and Vonell let Layne and I take their four wheeler for a ride.  Layne took me up one of his favorite trails.  The view really was magnificent!  We really are so lucky to live in such a beautiful area.  I am so glad we have this tradition to get out and enjoy it once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment