I had a great birthday this year. The day before my sister, Karleen, gave me the day off by taking care of my parents. I got to sleep in a little bit and then Karlee made me a yummy pancake breakfast.
Then I treated myself to a massage and manicure at Sage Day Spa.
Then a sushi lunch to go from the Pineapple grill.
I decided I wanted to drive up to Mesa Falls with my family that evening. Tanner just got a new job at Les Schwab, so he couldn't go. But it did my heart good to see him working so hard as we drove out of town. And I was so relieved to hear that they send their shirts to the cleaners when I saw how filthy they get from working on those huge tires!
We enjoyed the beautiful drive up through Ashton. I don't remember the last time I have been to Mesa falls, and I hate the fact that I am old enough to say, it has probably been decades...
Zak and Shay and Karlee came with us. We had some fun taking pictures at the beautiful over looks. And of course Zak had to goof off with his little sister.
It started raining after this shot, so we made a quick run back up the 500 stairs to the top!
We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful world and to have so many of those wonderful places so close to home. We just need to take advantage and visit them more often.
On the way home we stopped at Big Jud's in Ashton and got a direct IV of grease in our vains. But what the heck, it's my birthday!
When we got home we cut into the ice cream cake that Zak & Shay got for me. It was really nice to have someone else be in charge of the birthday cake for a change.
I was in CAL Ranch and saw this cute bench. I dropped the hint to Layne and he went in and found out it was the last one. So he got to take the display and didn't even have to put it together.
I saw this arch at Ace and broke all the rules and bought it for myself. It is still a work in progress. We have to figure out a way to stabilize it. I planted some vines at the base, but they aren't big enough to start climbing it yet. But I am hoping by the end of the summer it will be covered. We will see.
Over all it was a wonderful birthday. I got to spoil myself a little, and spend a great day with the people I love the most! I am one lucky girl!
Tanner spoiled me a few nights later with a new griddle, frying pans, scentsy candles and a lip balm. It's kind of nice to have a son with a full time job!
The first day of girls camp started on my birthday. I went up that evening and the girls sang "Happy Birthday" to me as I walked into camp. Then they gave me this pampering gift bag with bubble bath and a manicure kit. They are so thoughtful! I really am spoiled to have so many people care about me and love me!
Since I went to camp every night during my birthday week, I got to go out for a sushi lunch with my favorite Sargent girls. We talked for two hours and could have gone on for two more if there weren't people waiting for us to come home. These girls are like my sisters and I am blessed to have them in my life!


























No comments:
Post a Comment