Shay isn't a teenager anymore! She turned the big 2-0 on June 17th. The Saturday before we took on the project of creating a flower bed in front of their house for her birthday gift. We had help from Karlee and Shay's brothers, Ryker and Ridge, and sister, Skye. It took a lot more dirt that we thought. We ended up putting over forty bags in to fill it up. But it was worth it in the long run and I think it really gives their cute house a little more curb appeal.
After we got done with the flower bed we went to Rigby Lake and spent the afternoon playing in the water. Shay and I have a goal of doing more fun things this summer. Especially after I made the comment that we never doing anything fun and Karlee agreed! She said, "Yeah, you are always too busy!" Knife to the heart...Of course I forgot to take me camera to Rigby Lake, so just use your imagination here.
On Shay's actual birthday I had girls night. So Zak took her out to dinner. So a few nights later we went out to Costa Vida and then back to their house for cake and ice cream. But, I forgot matches. So we sang the birthday song and we all pretended that she blew the candles out. Hopefully it is the thought that counts!
We love having Shay in our family. She is so easy to please and always very gracious and grateful for anything and everything we do. We all need to be a little more like that. Happy Birthday Shay!




No comments:
Post a Comment