It has been one hot summer! My hair is so thick and heavy that it has been driving me crazy. I heard we were going to hit nearly 100 degrees and I called my niece, Miriam, for a haircut the next day. The night before I threw a hair magazine on the bed for Layne to look at and told him to pick something he could live with, because I was getting my hair cut, period.
This picture was on the back of the magazine. He said, "You could do this if you tried hard enough." I told him no way, never, not going to happen in this lifetime. So I continued looking and I was shocked when I picked one out that was really quite short. I asked him if he was sure. He said, "Your hair is short anyway, so it doesn't really matter." Poor, poor boy.
I have always said that the only reason to grow your hair out is so you can really appreciate cutting it off and feeling totally new and fresh. So here goes!
That's a lot of hair!
New do, old me! I had forgotten how good it feels. I have had to do a double take in the mirror a few times.
When I got home, Layne just smiled and said, "It looks good. You have a thin face so you can get away with a cut like that." As my jaw dropped to the floor I told him he had just earned enough bonus points for a lifetime for that comment!




No comments:
Post a Comment