About a month ago Karlee told me what she wanted for her next birthday. I thought, "Great, it is June and your birthday is in January..." She said she wanted to have her room painted in her favorite color, lime green!
When we moved into the house five years ago we let the boys choose the color of their rooms and they had to paint it. Since Karlee was only seven we didn't let her choose or paint it herself. We chose a bright yellow and it has been a fun room. But she has definitely gotten her own taste now. So I thought it would only be fair to let her have that. The problem is that I HATE painting. I don't really mind the rolling stuff, but I hate the trim work. So Shay offered to do it while Karlee was at camp as a surprise. I jumped on that and bought all the stuff. Zak and Shay did it, while she was gone, and since I was at camp every night I was no help at all.
Karlee got home from camp while I was at work and sent me a text message saying, "Mom I just got home and I LOVE my room!!!!!!!!!! That was totally worth it, especially since I didn't have to do any of the work, just write the check.
We kept one wall yellow, just so it wouldn't be so overwhelming. Plus, this wall has the closet on it and it would have been a pain to empty the closet and there would have been much more trim work in there. So it was a win, win to leave it yellow.



No comments:
Post a Comment