Tuesday, July 16, 2013

4th of July Celebrations

This year we decided to go up to Driggs to the Huntsman Springs Fireworks.  It was the weekend before the 4th.  We got there at 4pm to claim our space and wait for the festivities.  They had food vendors that we waited too long to visit.  Layne hates waiting in lines.  It about killed him to wait thirty minutes to get some corn on the cob.  But it was worth the wait.  It is the Mexican Crazy corn.  They roast it in this huge oven, then cover it in mayonnaise and sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese and chili powder.  Yummm!!!



The crowds slowly grew as the day went on.


Zak and Shay came with us.  Tanner had to work again.  I feel his pain.  I had to work every Saturday for many years when I worked at Romrell RV.


A beautiful view of the Tetons!  


The Beach Boys performed before the fireworks for about an hour.  It was so fun, even though the kids didn't recognize half of their songs...


By the time the concert and fireworks began the golf course was full, probably five thousand people would be my guess.  

McKenzie and her friend joined us and we enjoyed visiting with them.  You can see the crowd of people behind her.


Surrounded by people in every direction...


I was very impressed with the firework display.  There wasn't a bad seat in the house because they were going off right above us.  I think Mr. Huntsman may be giving Mr. Vandersloot a run for his money...

Lee Greenwood was there to sing his song "Proud To Be An American" live while the fireworks went off.  It was awesome!



The only downside to the evening was waiting in the parking lot for an hour afterward trying to get out.  We crawled into bed at 1:00 a.m.  But that is the price you pay to do fun things!



On the 4th, Karlee came to I.F. with me and went to the parade and spent the day with Rachel and her family.  In the afternoon she was riding with them when they got rear ended while sitting at a stop light.  She hit her head on the back of the seat and got a good goose egg on the back of her head.  She had a good headache and was stiff and sore for a few days.  I felt bad for Reid and Rachel because the lady that hit them didn't have current insurance....grrrrr!



But I figured if she felt good enough to do the slip and slide that afternoon at Garth and Amy's that she might survive.  She had tons of fun and spent that night with the Fuhrimans.  


So here is more proof that Karlee has got to do some fun things this summer, even if we are too boring and busy to always do it with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment