
I am a little late in giving a Halloween report. I was quite the slacker this year. In the past Karlee has always come up with her own costume out of her dress up box of dance costumes. But this year she wanted a store bought costume. At first we couldn't find anything. Then she decided she wanted the Life Size Whoopee Cushion costume. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. I kept putting it off and before long we ran out of time. So at the last minute she ended up wearing the t-shirt that I usually wear for trunk or treat. Add a little funky make-up and she was set. She pulled it off much better than I did.


This year Karlee's fifth grade class put on a Veteran's day program. They are a pretty small class, only about sixteen kids. I was really impressed with what a good job they did.

The songs they learned were ones I had never heard of before. And they all had several parts that were quite long.

Karlee was one of the first in her class to have her parts memorized.

Here they are for posterity sake. We will see if she can still say them in twenty years when she shows this book to her kids.
“The Statue of Liberty was actually a gift from the people of France in recognition between the two countries during the American revolution. The Statue of Liberty symbolizes freedom and democracy.”
“Now we turn our attention to a great American original Benjamin Franklin, scientist, inventor, statesman, philosopher, printer, musician and economist.”
No comments:
Post a Comment