
Karlee had a fun softball season this year. Last year she played with an older team and so she didn't get as many opportunities to pitch. This year she was back with her age group and so she got to do it a lot more.

Jamie Larsen is her coach and did such a great job with the girls. This year most of her games were at 4:00 p.m. This made it hard for me to make it there. Layne always went right after work since he usually gets off at 3:30 p.m. But Jamie was always willing to pick Karlee up and get her to the game. I really appreciated that.

Karlee would always say she hated being the first pitcher because she felt like she didn't do as well. But I think she did great.

They are still at the point that if they pitch four balls the coach will come at and throw three pitches. The girls are supposed to swing at every coach pitch because they count them all as strikes.

I think the girls still tend to just wait out the pitcher hoping to get walked. It may be just me but I am pretty sure this looks like a strike, and I don't sense her getting ready to swing. So we are still on the learning curve. But their team did really well and won most of their games. So that always makes it more fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment