Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Another Father's Day has come and gone. On Saturday night Layne got called in to work for an emergence at 8:30 p.m. He didn't get home until 5:30 a.m. on Sunday. What a fun way to start your Father's day. Sunday morning Tanner got up early and cooked Layne a beautiful omelet. So he got up to eat it and then went back to bed. Tanner also gave him a coupon book of service. Layne is excited to cash in on the neck/foot rub. He also gets a free garage sweeping, lawn mowing (I thought that was always free?) and a service of his choice. Tee hee, I see Tanner staining the deck in the near future.

This year for Father's Day I was determined to keep Layne's present a secret. It was so big I had to resort to wrapping it in black garbage bags to keep it hidden in the back of my van. I was happy to get a smile out of him when he saw what it was.


He has mentioned for a long time now that he would like a pressure washer to use on the bikes. When they get home from a big ride in the mountains they are covered in mud and dirt. And he loves washing down the drive way and the house and the deck. So I figured this would be a good time to get it for him.


Karlee made her Dad this candy necklace at her Primary Activity Day. He also got a candy bar from the ward and from Karlee's primary teacher. So these should really "sweeten" him up!



Tanner dove right in to putting the pressure washer together. So he and Layne had to test it out right away.


Crash wanted to be in the middle of things as usual. He was trying to get a drink out of the pressure hose. I am not sure that felt too good!



I had Layne put the pressure washer to the test on these rings that got left on our concrete from my flower barrels. This is the before picture. I forgot to take and after picture.


It cleaned them up pretty well, but there is still an outline. Hopefully it will eventually wear off.


Once again, Crash has to be in on the action.


Tanner finally got his turn testing out the pressure washer. I have figured out that the best way to get Tanner to do chores is involve a power tool. He hates mowing the lawn. But once he got his old riding lawn mower fixed he has done it without being asked. He didn't want anything to do with weeding the garden. But when our neighbor let him use his mini tiller to go between the rows he was all over it.


I am blessed to have a husband who is such a good father. He works hard to provide for his family and to do fun things with his boys, like dirt bike riding and hunting. Karlee is definitely Daddy's little girl. She loves her dad and would do anything for him. It is going to be hard for him to watch her grow up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment