Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A working anniversary

On May 11, we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. Well, celebrated might be a bit of an exaggeration. I had a Relief Society work meeting which is my responsibility to conduct and be supportive to be there. Layne stayed home and got the sprinkler system turned on, mowed our lawn, and our renter's lawn and planted the roses bushes that I received for Mother's day.


I didn't get home from Relief Society until 9:30 that night because after the meeting we had to plan for a funeral that coming Saturday. The family said they were planning on 250 people attending the dinner so it was a major feat to pull off. Layne was still outside working when I got home and hadn't eaten dinner yet. So at 9:45 we sat down together and ate some clam chowder.




I have made a new rule for our anniversary that we will only give gifts that are for both of us. So this year I got us two new shrubs to go in front of our house. Layne's job will be to plant them.



The next night Layne and I went to dinner at Costa Vida and then went to see the movie, Fast Five. It was a fun show, totally unrealistic to the point of laughter in some spots. But a fun show nonetheless.


I am lucky every day to be married to such a good, kind, hard working man. He tells me every day how much he loves me and how lucky he is to have me. Most days I don't feel worthy of his kindness. But I am glad that he still gives it to me unconditionally anyway.

















No comments:

Post a Comment