Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tanner's First Date & First Prom

Our little boy is growing up. On May 7th, Tanner went on his first date, which also happened to be his first prom. His friend Keegan talked him into going at the last minute. I think since Keegan doesn't have his license yet Tanner was a good guy to partner up with. Keegan's dad, Ralph, even let Tanner drive his truck for the day date.

For the day date they took the girls skeet shooting. Both girls are hunters and even brought their own guns. After hearing about the shooting accident during a prom date in Pocatello last weekend I wondered, "What were we thinking!" But it was a cold and windy day, so they didn't do it for very long. They went to The Craze and played a round of miniature golf instead.

Then they came to our house and I fed them ham and potato casserole with strawberry cheesecake fore dessert.


We sure were glad to have Zak's tux to pass down to Tanner on such short notice. We rented a vest and tie from Hart's Tux & Gowns, and even got a great discount by mentioning my niece, Tressa's name, who happens to be married to the owner's son. When Tanner put the vest on it was too short so he went without. Then on the way to the dance he realized that there was an adjustment on the neck. Duhh! Why didn't I think of that? Oh well, he looked handsome anyway.


After the boys picked the girls up they went around to each parent's home so they could get pictures. This was the girl's first prom too so they were excited about the pictures. The boys tolerated the picture taking, as usual. Grandpa and Grandma Terry let them drive their Cadillac to the dance. Tanner said, "That is the most awesome car I have ever driven!"


So, first date and dance done. Check!












No comments:

Post a Comment