
This past weekend was wonderful. I had the opportunity to attend a womens conference and listen to Wendy Nelson, Elder Russell M. Nelson's wife, and Sherry Dew speak. I am so glad I took time to come down for it. I always love listening to Sherry Dew, but I dare say I enjoyed Sister Nelson even more. They are both such dynamic ladies, and yet seem very real and down to earth. It definitely gave me a much needed spiritual boost. And since I took nearly five pages of notes I think I have my next Relief Society lesson in the works.
I came home with the intention to be a more holy woman. That lasted about thirty minutes before Tanner had Karlee screaming and bawling. Oh well, we must eat the elephant one bite at a time, right?
Sunday we attended the mission farwell of Jon Garling and the report of Zach Garling. And to make it a triple header, Lissa received her Young Womans Medallion. All nine of the kids got up and sang a medely of "Sisters in Zion and We'll bring the World His Truth" I love this arrangement. It is just beautiful. Needless to say I was bawling. Talk about a mother's payday for Karleen. They really have raised up a righteouss generation.
Jon and Zach both did an impressive job on their talks. I have really seen a difference in the mission farewells recently. I think since raising the bar these young men are really stepping up to the plate. I have seen young men giving talks that you would expect to hear as a returned missionary, not a departing missionary. It is really inspiring.
Speaking of which, Zak's papers are in and he is expecting his call in a couple of weeks. I am really proud of the young man he is becoming. The whole mission thing still doesn't seem real to me. But I am sure once the call comes it will sink in a little more.
No comments:
Post a Comment