
Layne has finally caught up with me again. He gets to be younger than me for six months of every year and he enjoys it to the fullest. He really made up for it this year though because he had to have two birthdays. He really wanted a new -35 below zero sleeping bag to take hunting but that was a month before his birthday. So since he can't just have something that nice just for his good looks and hard, tireless work that he puts in every day, I had to make a production out of it and made him a cake and everything. And then I didn't even take any pictures after all that. What was I thinking? Anyway, it was good for him to have two birthdays because he usually has to share the celebration with his dad anyway. And with all the partying we did this weekend I didn't get him a birthday cake made for his actual birthday. So he just had to have leftover birthday cake for this one.

Anyway, since the actual day couldn't pass without gifts he got all the boring stuff this time. So he got new Sunday shoes and new work shoes and socks and a new shovel since he broke one the last time we went camping. He also got some extractor bits for work. We went out to dinner with the kids to Applebees and he got a free birthday strawberry cheesecake. His parents also got him a couple of new shirts that look really good on him. So even though it was spread out I think he had a pretty good birthday. I hope so. I sure feel lucky to have him and I hope the next 42 years will be good to him too.
ooh strawberry cheesecake!!! Sounds good! Happy Birthday to Layne... since he doesn't call people back!!! Hope you had a good one ya old fart!
ReplyDelete