Friday, October 29, 2010

Mighty Hunter

Well, the third time seems to be the charm for Tanner. He has shot at two different bucks. The first one was stolen and the second one he missed. On Tuesday he and Layne went out to the desert and in less than an hour he got a white tailed buck. I was at a Relief Society meeting and they had it skinned before I got home. So since the carcass doesn't make for a very good picture I will let you all use your imagination. I think we will have the meat made into German sausages. We tried some from the guy who does our meat and they were delicious. So they will be much more likely to be eaten than just the plain meat. Now that Zak and Tanner have been the mighty hunters of the family Layne is still itching to get his. So he is thinking about getting his muzzle loader stamp and going to Kilgore to get a doe elk. So we will see what comes of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment