Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July




The Parker community has the tradition of having a breakfast to celebrate the 4th of July. They have a short program and then feed everyone. Since I am in the Relief Society presidency and Layne is in the Young Men's presidency we were lucky enough to get to be there at 6:00 a.m. to set up tables and chairs in the parking lot and get the food ready.

Of course in Idaho anytime you plan on having something outside you can plan on the weather being bad. It was so cold and the wind was blowing, of course. I was a dummy and wearing flip flops, so my feet were freezing. They ended setting up more tables in the gym for the wimps that couldn't stand eating their pancakes outside.

This was another activity that it was a relief to check off the list as being done. Afterwards I came home and went back to bed for a few hours. Luckily the weather improved in the afternoon and Tanner, Layne and I drove up to Kilgore so they could go fishing. We loaded the dogs in the back of the truck and they loved every minute of it. I sat in my lawn chair and prepped for the lesson I had to give the next day, read a novel and napped. It was wonderful.

We weren't very festive. We didn't go to the parade or fireworks. But it was nice to just have some down time. Luckily Karlee spent the night with Frank and Jeannette and they took her to the parade and fireworks, so she had a lot of fun with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment