Even though we had a traumatic week with dogs dying, we also had some fun for Halloween. We joined the Sargent and Jackson clan at Ruth and Kent's to decorate sugar cookies. Karlee always has fun playing with the cousins. And I especially enjoyed catching up with everyone. From my informal poll that night it sounded like the recession has taken its toll on the costumes. Everyone I talked to had recycled old costumes. We were lucky that Grandma Jeannette cleaned out her closet and we have lots of Jana's old dance costumes to choose from. This year Karlee dressed up like a hippie. We have trunk or treat at our ward. The kids make the rounds of the parking lot about 8 times and always leave with their bags overflowing. I don't think it's as much fun as the old way. But as a parent it is actually a lot easier.
Karlee, don't tell Jana, but you look cuter in that outfit than she did! Love ya and glad you have fun with all of those costumes!
ReplyDelete