Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Labor Day Weekend...Literally











We usually go camping for the Labor Day weekend. But this year it turned out to be the only weekend we could get the Eagle Projects finished. Tanner and his group finished up the tables that were started the week before. He had such good support from his friends and leaders. I think it is a big sacrifice to give up two Saturday's in a row. They did them much faster this week though because they had the system down.

Zak lead up the project to paint the shelter at Remington Park. We were worried that he wouldn't have anyone to lead because everyone had other plans. But we had a great turn out. His Uncle Val and cousins Tristan and Clayton came. And his good friends, Russ Nielson and Ryan Forebush and TJ Peterson also came to help. It was a muggy, overcast day. So it took a while for the primer to dry. But that just helped add to the needed hours.

I bought everyone donuts for breakfast. Then we grilled hamburgers for lunch. Overall it was a very successful day. I even got the lawn mowed for the third week in a row, while all the boys worked. I'm really proud of these boys for digging in and getting it done. Now if we can just get the Personal Management merit badge passed off we will really be able to breathe a sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment