Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July









For the 4th of July this year our family went biking on the 8 mile trail. It is on the road that goes to Salmon. It was a beautiful trip. Layne and the boys have been before and always talked about how much they liked it. So this was a first for Karlee and me. Our friends, Kesl and Russ Neilson came along too. It was a good thing because Kesl had to help Karlee and me out of more than one jam. We carried the cooler and because some of the trail is so rocky and uneven, the cooler kept coming loose. We even lost it once. Then while we were crossing a creek I got the four wheeler stuck on a rock. Luckily he was able to bump it with his four wheeler to get me loose.
We were also lucky to have them along for the ride because Kesl had a gun. We came upon a rattle snake in the middle of the road and Russ shot it. It was about 3 feet long. He kept the rattle but it was just little.
Tanner is my little worry wart. He doesn't want me to get hurt and wasn't sure I could handle the trail. So when we made it to the end he was quite proud of me. Karlee was a trouper. Some of the trails are just big rocks that you have to ride over. We got bounced around quite a bit. And the switchbacks made me nervous, because I didn't want to go rolling down with Karlee on back. We got sprinkled on a little bit, but overall it was a beautiful day and it was nice to see more of the beautiful state we live in.
That night we went to Idaho Falls to see the fireworks. Layne was being a grumpy old man about going because the last time he went they didn't get home until 2 a.m. But we got really lucky and were out of town 15 minutes after the show was over. It was quite a sight and just watching all the people before hand if half the fun. I was bummed that we forgot our radio and no one around us had one either. So we missed out on that part of the show. I think that really makes the show a lot better when you get audio with the visual.
Zak and his friends took dates and were on the opposite side of the river so we couldn't bug them. But I think they had fun anyway. They even got home by 12:15, which shocked me! I thought he would take advantage of the opportunity to stay out late. Maybe it wasn't as fun as I thought.





1 comment:

  1. I love 8 mile! It's so pretty up there! Miss ya guys!

    ReplyDelete