Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Zak's Prom




On May 9th Zak went to Prom with Rachel Christensen. This has been a month in the planning. By the time it was all over Zak decided he didn't want to be in charge of planning another one. For the "Day Date" they rode four wheelers out on the sand dunes. Luckily Grandpa Frank let Zak use his four door truck to pull the trailer and that helped easily seat all the dates. Throughout the day the plan for dinner kept changing based on the girls hair appointments. But finally they settled on 8pm which meant they actually started eating at 8:45 by the time they all arrived. They came to our house and I fed them lasagna with salad, garlic bread and corn. Then they had cheesecake for dessert. After the dance they came back to our house to watch a movie, but they were all so exhausted from the big day of motorbiking and dancing that I don't think they made it through half of it. They ended the night early, literally, and I think Zak was in bed by 3 a.m. But I must say I was impressed to see everyone at church bright and early the next morning.

Zak's group included: Brian Roadhouse & Whitney Barchi, Brock Banta & Gia Christensen, Ryan Forbush & Alexis Coddling. They were a really cute group of kids and I think they had a lot of fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment