Saturday, April 13, 2013

It's All About The Hair!

It's good to have goals.  Tanner's current goal is to grow his hair out until graduation.  Which means to me that he plans on graduating.  So why would I complain?   When my dad was on the school board forty years ago they had a kid sue the board for telling him he had to cut his hair because it was over his collar.  My dad really didn't agree with the board and ever since then has said that hair is not worth fighting over.  

In the past when Tanner has started growing his hair I have never had to worry because it would always drive him crazy before long.  His hair is so thick and curly that if it gets too long he can't wear a hat because it starts to hurt.  So he solved that problem and has just quit wearing hats.  


Tanner's hair is naturally curly so when he "fro's" it out it really can get pretty big.  But he can also just put mousse in it and it doesn't look too bad.





Shay decided she wanted to see how long Tanner's hair was without the curl.  So she spent an hour with a flat iron straitening it.  Umm, yea we will take the curls.  U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi  you UGLY!  Just the hair, not the boy.


So in his quest to have the biggest hair possible for graduation he came up with the idea that he needed a perm.  In my quest to give him some good final memories for his senior year I agreed.  Luckily he found someone that would do it for half the normal price.  So that made it a little easier to choke down.  





I told Tanner that he had to take pictures of the perm process or I would cut his hair off.  But in reality I think he likes having a "blog worthy" moment.






Two hours and lots of stinky perm solution later I think he may have had some second thoughts.



Wow!  Now those are some curls!  He couldn't stay out of the bathroom looking at it and primping.  Looks like we have two teenage girls in the house for a while.  






"Yeah, I'm sexy and I know it!"

Stay tuned for the graduation picture with the cap pinned onto the "fro."  

No comments:

Post a Comment