Forty-four years old! How did that happen. I guess I won't ever be able to lie about my age in the future since I am documenting it here and now. But I really believe it is just a number and why hide it. We will see what I think when the big 5-0 rolls around.
So I was trying to decide what I wanted for my birthday and Layne and I have been talking about putting in a new landscaping feature in our front yard. It has been a lot of talk and so I decided if I made it my birthday wish it might actually come true.
We have this low spot in the front corner of our yard that collects a lot of water and the grass just won't grow. So we decided to take this sod out and put in some rocks and bushes. I will also be able to plant some tulips since the ones I planted in the rocks just won't come up.
This is the before shot of our ugly patchy grass. I really have to give Layne all the credit. He has been so busy with work and side jobs and working on Zak's house this summer. But when we decided to do it he just dug right in...literally.
We decided that the sod we were cutting out in the front could be used in the back for our trouble spots back there.
This is the path the Crash as tramped into the back yard. It makes me crazy. I am hoping this new sod will take and he doesn't wear it down again.
Here is where the sod was cut out and ready for some fresh soil and plants.
The piles of sod and dirt that were moved from front to back, and all the bad sod we got rid of.
It still looks pretty patchy, but hopefully it will fill in nicely...
On my actual birthday I got the best present ever! My sister, Karleen, called the night before and told me she was giving me the day off. So I slept in, and then I took myself to get a manicure and pedicure. Then I went out to lunch and had sushi, which no one else in my family likes. It was delightful! Afterwards, I took the truck and filled it with fresh soil for the new flower bed.
I know it seems crazy to be excited about shoveling dirt for your birthday. But after taking time for myself I didn't mind it at all because I could see the project coming together. And Tanner did help me shovel a lot of it.
The house that Zak and Shaylee are moving into had a rock wall in it that they didn't like. So we tore it out and we benefited from it by being able to put them in our landscaping feature!
Just because you are 44 doesn't mean you can't take a little "walk" on the wild side!
Layne planted all these while I was inside with the achievement day girls. What a guy!
A man's best friend...Crash loves it when we are working outside because he gets to be right in the middle of everything.
Finally the finished product! I love it and I love my man who made it happen!
Happy, happy birthday to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment