This year for the Romrell Reunion I got the idea to do family pictures. I knew it would be a big deal to pull it off, but I was very pleased with the outcome and am really glad that I did it.
The family picture that was hanging in my parents entry way had an ex sister-in law in it and was missing Garth's wife Amy who has been in the family for six years and my husband, Layne who has been in the family for four years. We had one taken when Layne and I got married, but my Dad didn't like the "old man" in the picture, so I never got it enlarged.
Nancy Jackson's sister, Jenn Huls, agreed to come up from Salt Lake and spend the day taking pictures. She set up in front of the river with a beautiful willow tree in the background. When it came time for the big group shot I knew it would be hard to get my mom and dad over by the river and to get all 100 people over there too. So we set up by the picnic shelter. The problem was the background wasn't very pretty. It was just sage brush and the road coming into the campground. So Jenn just flashed it out like you can see in the picture below. I thought that was great, but my dad didn't like it. And in the original picture his legs were spread eagle and he didn't like that. So I knew if I was going to be able to put this picture on the wall we would have to try and fix those things. Luckily Jenn is a master photographer. She was able to change the background to this beautiful tree, and I took another picture of my dad and she photo shopped that in. So this Christmas became the year of the family pictures. We used the pictures for the family calendar and I had the entry hall picture replaced with a beautiful new framed picture. I also printed 8X10 pictures of each of my siblings with their spouses and had those framed. They are now hanging in the living room above the picture windows. Garth, Calvin
I promised everyone that I would never put them through this again. So I am glad that everything turned out as well as it did. I love my family and their willingness to indulge my craziness. I gave everyone the opportunity to have their individual family pictures taken. A lot of them took advantage of it and I think they turned out great!

LarRene & Van Sargent

The Sargent Clan

Kent, Ruth, LarRene, Van, Sara, Shane, Leah
Reid, Rachel Angie, Tony

Shane & Sara Williams

Reid, Carolina
Treyton, Rachel, Mitchel, Savanna Fuhriman

Steve, Kate
Angie, Easton, Cooper Sargent

Leah, Tony, Olivia Perkes

Kent, Talmage
McKay, Ruth, Naomi, Elijah Beck

Dan & Brenda Jean Knight

Loren & Eileen Anderson

I love this picture of Loren and Eileen

Julie & DanAnderson with their "kids" sorry I don't know their names

Annabell, Steve
Debi, Joy, Issac, Seth Mann

Joe, Christy, Hyrum
Rebekah, Jace Anderson

Dustin, Miriam, Rebekah Whitaker

Maynard & LuDean Jackson

Karleen, Jake, Elisbeth, Zach Garling

Lissa Garling

Conley, Jack, Colton Davis -Charity & Nate's kids

Calvin & Kristie Romrell

Calvin, Grant
Kristie, Elisha Romrell

Dale, Chris, Alex
Sydney, Randi Hepworth

Taryn, Finn, Alex, Jerry, Janine
Tanner, Tucker Sandbakken

Alex, Taryn, Doniphan Barlow

Layne & Valeen Terry

Layne, Zak
Tanner, Valeen, Karlee

Zak, Tanner, Karlee

The whole fam-damily, all because two people fell in love.
(actually only about half of the family, nearly 100 out of 188)

Roland and Joy Romrell

No comments:
Post a Comment