Last week before the Romrell Thanksgiving I did a whirlwind house cleaning. Layne was up early to go do a side job. So I started with the laundry and had the house mostly clean by 10:30 a.m. when Tanner finally decided to get out of bed. So since I had obviously already fixed, eaten and cleaned up breakfast, I told him he was on his own. He made this beautiful plate of scrambled eggs, fried potatoes and bacon. He was so impressed with the beauty of it he brought it to the bedroom to show me. I told him he simply must take a picture of his masterpiece and he agreed that it was definitely blog worthy. So here it is...
Since I got an early start I finally dove in to the real mess...Karlee's room. She really does try, but she still doesn't have the vision of deep cleaning her room. Usually her idea of cleaning is just stuffing clothes and toys anywhere, even if it doesn't belong there. So about once a year I do a deep clean, where we haul out bags and bags of D.I. donations and garbage and rearrange the room so we really find lots of lost treasures that have been shoved under and behind furniture. The fact is she really just has too much "stuff" to possibly keep it all put away.
Karlee was the first to admit that she was getting to old for most of her toys, so she chose which ones she was going to give away. I am proud of her for letting go to most of it quite easily. I guess it is good timing so now we can fill it back up again after Christmas.
Even though I did most of it, I made Karlee stick it out with me and sort through her boxes and bins and decide what to keep and what to toss. We decided to put the doll house in the cabinet. But we have the back facing out so she can still play with it when she wants. But it really opened up the room to have it put away.
I threatened her within an inch of her life if she didn't keep it clean. And I am happy to report that after one week she has kept it clean and she enjoys spending time in her clean room reading.
So we had a very productive Saturday and even got it all done in time to go to the Thanksgiving dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment