This year was Zak's "Golden Birthday." He turned 19 on July 19th. A once in a lifetime birthday! It was a pretty mellow birthday since we had just had Grandpa Terry's funeral a few days before. Zak was originally planning on having a boating party on Saturday, but that ended up being the funeral.
I think we made up for some of the disappointment by giving him this Howa 204 rifle. He had been complaining that Tanner had more guns than he did. He hadn't even asked for anything. I am sure he was expecting he would be getting something for his mission. But we decided to let him have one last exciting thing before he left. And as the boys like to remind me, a gun will last a lifetime.
We also went out to dinner that night to Wingers and ended the night with banana cake and ice cream, which has become his new favorite.
We love Zak and are so proud of the young man he is becoming. We will definitely miss him when he leaves for his mission. I am trying not to think about it. I know we are going to pretty sad around here when he is gone
No comments:
Post a Comment