Today Karlee and I had my niece, Miriam, do our hair. We had to do the classic, "Before" picture. I think using no flash definitely helped us look sufficiently pathetic. Karlee couldn't help smiling after looking at me. She didn't understand she was supposed make the before pose look pathetic.

So we went from not enough light to too much light outside. Oh, well it was a fun day.

I asked Karlee how she wanted her hair cut. Layne wanted her to get layers and keep it long. I wasn't going to tell her what to do. So I was surprised when she said she wanted it cut up to her chin. So here is one more shot of her long and flowing hair. This time, she gave me the pathetic, "before" look.

Miriam was really excited when Karlee told her she didn't care what she did to her hair. She said this was one of her favorite cuts. The guy who invented it charges $1000 a hair cut. So we felt really luck to have gotten it for a mere $20! She started by straightening her hair with the flat iron. Then she took the electric razor and started cutting about five inches off the back of her hair. Next she had her turn around and kneel in the chair and flip her hair over. She razored some more hair.

Then she ratted it up and randomly clipped at the ratting. Crazy! But Karlee was loving every minute of it.

We thought about leaving it this extreme A-line, but opted to go ahead and get the finished look.

I couldn't believe how much hair ended up on the floor.

And here she is, the cutest girl in the world, doing her favorite pose.

She absolutely loves this cut. All day long she kept saying, "I love my hair, I can't stop smiling, I want my hair cut this way every time. Even if I quit smiling on the outside I will still be smiling on the inside. This is the best day of my life!" Wow! That was really worth the $20.

The view from the back. Cute, cropped and cool for the summer.

I think she is officially a "tween" Yikes! Layne is not dealing well with his little girl growing up!
She is beautiful. What a wonderful day for her! Thanks Val for being such a great mom. Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteLove it! Makes me want to cut my hair!
ReplyDelete