My sister, Eileen, hosted the Romrell Family Memorial Day picnic at her house in Rigby this year. Of course it was raining, blowing and cold. Luckily the rain stopped for a couple of hours during the picnic.
But for the most part everyone scattered throughout the house to eat their chicken, salads and desserts. I loved this picture of the Sargent grand kids sitting on the "pew" in the kitchen.
Joe Anderson got involved in a basketball game with the youngsters like Tanner and Tucker Sandbakken and Jean's step-son Giovanni and his friend.
Overall I was very pleased at the turn out. Mom and Dad didn't make it. They weren't feeling well and didn't want to risk braving the elements. But it was nice to have Jan and her family here to take care of them so that I could take the morning off and have time to spend with my family. Layne and I went for a walk down by the river and it was nice to not feel rushed getting the chicken picked up and trying to get my parents there. And it was really nice to have someone else be in charge. Thanks Eileen!

No comments:
Post a Comment